Subject: bug#61697: Chromium with guix shell container from the manual doesn't work.

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 18:50:29 +0200

Followed the manual for guix shell here: 
https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Invoking-guix-shell

Initially I wanted to setup an icecat container so I just removed 
chromium for icecat, I got this error:

```

guix shell --container --network --no-cwd icecat --preserve='^DISPLAY$' 
-- icecat
Authorization required, but no authorization protocol specified
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
Error: cannot open display: :0.0

```

I tried chromium too. It still errors out but with a different error:

```

guix shell --container --network --no-cwd ungoogled-chromium 
--preserve='^DISPLAY$' -- chromium
Authorization required, but no authorization protocol specified
[1:1:0221/164151.354628:ERROR:ozone_platform_x11.cc(238)] Missing X 
server or $DISPLAY
[1:1:0221/164151.354678:ERROR:env.cc(255)] The platform failed to 
initialize.  Exiting.

```

Chromium starts just fine without the container flag so the problem 
seems to be in the container flag specifically.

Msavoritias