Subject: bug#61684: can't compose 'with-patch' with 'with-source'

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 15:12:29 +0100

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> Quoting Ludo,
>>
>>                                                  (this is crucial for our HPC
>>         users, who routinely combine a whole bunch of options; you have no idea
>>         how far they go once you give them the tool :-))
>>
>>         <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/msgid/[email-masked]>
>>
>> and I agree with « you have no idea how far they go once you give them
>> the tool :-)) ».
>
> It seems a bit hypothetical at this point, so I wouldn't want to cripple
> the design by it.

It baffles me that you would consider other people’s experience as
“hypothetical”.  It’s not, really.

The choice of words after the comma is also unfortunate in several ways.

Ludo’.