Subject: bug#61679: 29.0.60; Eglot: staying out of trouble

From: Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 16:32:50 +0100

On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 at 15:17, João Távora wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 3:09 PM Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 at 15:00, João Távora wrote:
>>
>> > In the Eldoc case, as of yesterday, this no longer happens.
>>
>> Okay, nice.
>>
>> > This seems way too complicated for a problem that hasn't even been
>> > demonstrated.
>>
>> jedi-language-server doesn't provide diagnostics and it's officially
>> supported and rather popular.
>
> I just read in https://github.com/pappasam/jedi-language-server that it
> supports textDocument/publishDiagnostics.

Okay, that's a somewhat new feature.  The concept seems to be that it's
better to provide rudimentary diagnostics than nothing at all.  I'm not
sure I like the idea.

In any case, it seems to support your point that servers without
diagnostics will be rare, so feel free to close the bug.

> If that's a mistake, then I guess it's meant to be used in conjunction
> with other language servers at the same time which complement its
> features.  Eglot doesn't support that, but I'm working on a solution,
> even though it will take time.

Oh well, if multiple servers is the new trend, then I guess this might
become necessary...