Subject: bug#61679: 29.0.60; Eglot: staying out of trouble

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 15:17:50 +0000

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 3:09 PM Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 at 15:00, João Távora wrote:
>
> > In the Eldoc case, as of yesterday, this no longer happens.
>
> Okay, nice.
>
> > This seems way too complicated for a problem that hasn't even been
> > demonstrated.
>
> jedi-language-server doesn't provide diagnostics and it's officially
> supported and rather popular.

I just read in https://github.com/pappasam/jedi-language-server that it
supports textDocument/publishDiagnostics.

If that's a mistake, then I guess it's meant to be used in conjunction
with other language servers at the same time which complement its
features.  Eglot doesn't support that, but I'm working on a solution,
even though it will take time.

> My digestif server also doesn't support it but I'm not going to
> mention that.

Right :-) I'm also not going to mention that if there is some way at
all to get diagnostics for Latex, then you could think of including
that way into digestif.  Many servers do that: they are just LSP
aggregators of existing diagnostics/completions/etc tools.

Just suggesting because it's one way to go.  The other is for users
to use eglot-stay-out-of, etc...

João