Subject: bug#61667: 29.0.60; Failure to redisplay

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 15:52:51 +0300

On 16/04/2023 09:01, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 03:48:56 +0300
>> From: Dmitry Gutov<[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Gregory Heytings<[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii<[email-masked]>,
>>   Po Lu<[email-masked]>
>>
>> - Do some search using 'C-x p g', wait to see the results buffer
>> displayed but it's not displayed for a while. I look at the title bar -
>> and it already says*xref*, but the frame is still not updated. If I
>> press something like 'C-n' or 'C-f' now, that triggers the necessary
>> refresh.
>>
>> - When the said Xref buffers is selected, I press 'q'. Likewise, the
>> frame might not get updated for a while, still showing the previous
>> window configuration until I issue the next command.
>>
>> These are of course random and don't happen every time. Often enough to
>> be annoying, though.
> Is this with or without double-buffering?  If it's with
> double-buffering, do the problems go away if you disable
> double-buffering?

Good question: the above failure scenario reproduces even without XDBE. 
The frequency is about the same as with XDBE.