Subject: Re: bug#61667: 29.0.60; Failure to redisplay

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 09:01:27 +0300

> Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 03:48:56 +0300
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,
>  Po Lu <[email-masked]>
> 
> - Do some search using 'C-x p g', wait to see the results buffer 
> displayed but it's not displayed for a while. I look at the title bar - 
> and it already says *xref*, but the frame is still not updated. If I 
> press something like 'C-n' or 'C-f' now, that triggers the necessary 
> refresh.
> 
> - When the said Xref buffers is selected, I press 'q'. Likewise, the 
> frame might not get updated for a while, still showing the previous 
> window configuration until I issue the next command.
> 
> These are of course random and don't happen every time. Often enough to 
> be annoying, though.

Is this with or without double-buffering?  If it's with
double-buffering, do the problems go away if you disable
double-buffering?