Subject: bug#61667: 29.0.60; Failure to redisplay

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2023 09:11:49 +0800

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Why does constant frame-title-format fix this, though?

Because presumably Mutter has no need to damage the title bar, which you
do see changing.

> I have tried this with default config (double buffering on,
> undecorated off), and I don't see any delay between text insertion and
> frame title changes. 1 second pause, "Test 1" is inserted, the title
> changes (*), 1 second pause, "Test 2" is inserted, the title changes.
>
> That probably means I don't need to test the alternative configs,
> right?

Yes, but that's odd.  What if you run the entire test in an infinite loop?
Do you eventually notice a delay?

> (*) By default frame-title-format is eq to icon-title-format, so with
> 'emacs -Q' the title doesn't actually change on the first step. I

The idea was to restore the original frame-title-format, yes; it was
supposed to be run in a loop as well.