Subject: Re: bug#61667: 29.0.60; Failure to redisplay

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 14:31:06 +0200

> Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 14:23:49 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> 
> On 26/02/2023 14:13, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Thanks, but I still need to insist on more clarity, if possible.
> > 
> > You say "disappears", in quotes, presumably to say that it's still
> > present but hard to notice?  And before that, you say the delay is
> > always physically present?
> 
> The delay is distance in time. It can't really be zero -- that's just 
> physics: the OS has to process the keypress, Emacs has to read the file, 
> run the major mode function, etc.
> 
> The problem is when that delay becomes high enough to notice with a 
> naked eye.

And that happens even if the frame title is not changed?

IOW, is time interval between pressing RET at the end of the command
which starts Emacs and the time the text area of the window shows the
file's text -- is this time interval the same whether the frames title
changes or not?