Subject: bug#61667: 29.0.60; Failure to redisplay

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 04:00:15 +0200

On 26/02/2023 03:53, Gregory Heytings wrote:
> 
>>> I mean: an MRE to reproduce the multi-second delay, which makes the 
>>> bug apparent even without a title bar.
>>
>> The delay is multi-second only with my personal config, correct, but I 
>> haven't been able to reproduce the problem with unchanging title bar, 
>> or without a title bar.
>>
> 
> Now I'm confused.  I understood that you were able to reproduce the 
> multi-second delay with your config with an constant title bar.

No, the constant title bar is what fixed it even with my config. Even 
the "multi-second delay" which potentially could have been a different 
problem (but it wasn't).

 > E.g. you said "But whether the title changes or not, I can easily see 
the delay between me pressing 'a' and the contents of the window being 
updated. Or its absence."  I'm probably missing something.

"Or its absence", yes.

This was in response to Po's message:

   But in this case the frame title will never change, so no problem can
   show up.

The problem, indeed, could show up if the delay between me pressing 'a' 
and the buffer being displayed could still reach 200-300ms even with 
constant title bar. But it doesn't.