Subject: Re: bug#61667: 29.0.60; Failure to redisplay

From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 23:48:43 +0000

>
> Ok, I tried that. That Enlightenment thing is a universe into itself, 
> starting with a settings wizard and all; and somehow incompatible with 
> existing wi-fi network services.
>

Indeed.

>
> Anyway, I couldn't reproduce the problem under it either.
>

So this clearly points to a bug in the way GNOME handles the Emacs frame. 
There's one last thing you could try: under GNOME, try the same 
experiment, but with Emacs fullscreen.  I've read that GNOME automatically 
disables its compositor when an app is fullscreen, but I'm not 100% sure 
that's the case.

>
> Emacs's startup was noticeably slower there as well, though. Just like 
> under Window Maker. I wonder what could be the reason for both.
>

That's weird, I don't see that here either, Emacs starts just as fast 
here, regardless of the window manager I use.