Subject: bug#61667: 29.0.60; Failure to redisplay

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 01:34:32 +0200

On 25/02/2023 00:25, Gregory Heytings wrote:
> 
>>> But IIUC Window Maker is not a compositing WM (which most of WMs 
>>> these days are)
>>
>> Indeed, and AFAIU this indicates that the bug is probably in GNOME. 
>> You could now try with a compositing window manager.  A lightweight 
>> one is XFWM.
>>
> 
> On a second thought, if you want to try another compositing manager that 
> is easy to install and remove, Enlightenment is a better choice.

Ok, I tried that. That Enlightenment thing is a universe into itself, 
starting with a settings wizard and all; and somehow incompatible with 
existing wi-fi network services.

Anyway, I couldn't reproduce the problem under it either. Emacs's 
startup was noticeably slower there as well, though. Just like under 
Window Maker. I wonder what could be the reason for both.