Subject: bug#61667: 29.0.60; Failure to redisplay

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 14:23:16 +0200

> Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 04:53:58 +0200
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> 
> This has been happening from time to time recently:

Any idea how recent is "recently"?

> I visit a file (either through recents or through
> project-find-file), and the buffer stays blank for a while, giving
> an appearance that it's "loading".

You visit a file that is not already visited in some buffer in the
current Emacs session?

Does it happen only immediately after visiting a file, i.e. upon what
should have been the initial display of the file you visited?  Or does
it happen in other situations as well?  If this happens only upon
visiting an unvisited file, does it happen every time you visit such a
file?

Do you have some features enabled that affect the initial display of a
visited file?  Like save-place or something else that invokes a hook
upon visiting?  Or some display-related feature that could be
relevant?  If you do, what are those features/hooks?

> This happens with my personal configuration, and rather randomly. How 
> should I go about debugging it?

Does it help to disable double buffering?

Do you see anything interesting in *Messages* after such an incident?