Subject: Re: bug#61667: 29.0.60; Failure to redisplay

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 17:12:30 +0200

> Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 16:14:31 +0200
> Cc: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
>  Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> 
> The problem is in the noticeable delay between me pressing 'a' and 
> seeing the contents of the window updated.
> 
> When the frame title doesn't change, we simply can't track it as an 
> additional symptom (that the buffer has been successfully visited, but 
> the frame display remains the same).
> 
> But whether the title changes or not, I can easily see the delay between 
> me pressing 'a' and the contents of the window being updated. Or its 
> absence.

So now you are saying that the changing title of the frame is _not_
the cause of the problem?  You are now saying that the delay _always_
happens, and that the change in the frame's title just makes it easier
to spot that delay?

So when you earlier wrote that a constant frame title makes the
problem disappear, you were mistaken, and the constant title just
makes the problem harder to spot?  And the delay exists no matter
whether the frame's title changes or not?