Subject: bug#61667: 29.0.60; Failure to redisplay

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 04:53:58 +0200

This has been happening from time to time recently: I visit a file 
(either through recents or through project-find-file), and the buffer 
stays blank for a while, giving an appearance that it's "loading".

But if I issue a new command (e.g. move the cursor), it redisplays 
instantly.

This happens with my personal configuration, and rather randomly. How 
should I go about debugging it?

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 101, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.34, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-02-18 built on potemkin
Repository revision: 6c0d8210175e72dcd7cef2ad77b8f8b680b240bc
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Ubuntu 22.10

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER X11
XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB