Subject: Re: bug#61667: 29.0.60; Failure to redisplay

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 16:14:31 +0200

On 24/02/2023 16:01, Po Lu wrote:
> Dmitry Gutov<[email-masked]>  writes:
> 
>>    --eval "(setq frame-title-format \"foo bar foo\")"
>>
>> indeed makes the problem go away. Both the 200-300ms delay in my repro
>> scenario, and the multi-second delay with my personal configuration.
> But in this case the frame title will never change, so no problem can
> show up.
> 
> BTW, is this related to the buffer swapping problem at all?  Isn't that
> what we were trying to debug?

The problem is in the noticeable delay between me pressing 'a' and 
seeing the contents of the window updated.

When the frame title doesn't change, we simply can't track it as an 
additional symptom (that the buffer has been successfully visited, but 
the frame display remains the same).

But whether the title changes or not, I can easily see the delay between 
me pressing 'a' and the contents of the window being updated. Or its 
absence.