Subject: Re: bug#61667: 29.0.60; Failure to redisplay

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 21:24:30 +0200

> Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 21:12:42 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> 
> >> - Run the command above
> >> - Press "a"
> >> - Look for the delay between the title bar and the window updates
> >>
> >> With the above 'emacs -Q' it's not as prominent as with my config, but
> >> it can reach what looks like 100-200ms. Once every 10 tries or so.
> > Isn't that the 100-ms delay we wait for the initial frame to finish
> > displaying, since that requires that we receive some messages from X?
> 
> Probably not: in this scenario I usually wait for the frame to finish 
> resizing, rendering, etc, and for *scratch* to be displayed properly, 
> and then I press 'a'.

And without double-buffering you see no such delays? not even the
short ones of 100ms?