Subject: bug#61667: 29.0.60; Failure to redisplay

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 15:41:27 +0200

On 23/02/2023 03:03, Gregory Heytings wrote:
> 
>>
>> I have now reproduced this going as far back as Emacs 28.2.
>>
> 
> Can you perhaps try to go further back in time (Emacs 25, 26 and 27)?

27 and 26 -- reproduced.

I wasn't able to properly test with 25 because the copy of my current 
config errors out with "Symbol's function definition is void: 
register-definition-prefixes" (complaint about generated autoloads files 
in installed ELPA packages). For the previous versions, at least, I was 
able to resolve the errors by recompiling or removing all *.elc files.

So far I haven't managed to reproduce using 'emacs -Q', with any of the 
versions.

I think it's the issue of timing, but if I manage to bisect my config to 
find something relevant, I will report back, of course.

And I haven't changed the config much during the last year, for a 
particular change to stand out.