Subject: bug#61658: closed (Re: bug#61658: 30.0.50; server-eval-at might handle unreadable results better)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 00:11:02 +0000

Your bug report

#61658: 30.0.50; server-eval-at might handle unreadable results better

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
61658: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=61658
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#61658: 30.0.50; server-eval-at might handle unreadable results better
From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2023 17:10:51 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Now implemented.  Doesn't seem to me like a NEWS entry is warranted, but
if anyone strongly disagrees I can write one.

-- 
Sean Whitton

Subject: 30.0.50; server-eval-at might handle unreadable results better
From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 09:25:34 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I use server-eval-at to call a function, in another daemon, which
returns a buffer.  So, server-eval-at tries (read "#<buffer *foo*>")
which of course fails, and indeed signals an error.

I wonder if server-eval-at should return a special value to indicate
that the remote computation returned something that is not readably
printable?  Or signal a particular error, which the caller might catch?

-- 
Sean Whitton