Subject: bug#6164: 24.0.50; scroll-all-mode is broken

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 23:51:45 +0200

1. emacs -Q
2. Visit two files that are big enough to scroll up and down.
3. Type `C-x 2' or `C-x 3' and the `C-x b' to display the two visited
   filed in the split windows.
4. Type `M-x scroll-all-mode' to enable this minor mode.
5. Type `C-v'.
=> Only the selected buffer scrolls, whereas with scroll-all-mode
enabled both buffers should scroll.

This is because `C-v' is bound to scroll-up-command, whereas
scroll-all-mode expects (in scroll-all-check-to-scroll) scroll-up.  I
guess this is a consequence of this change:

2010-04-05  Juri Linkov  <[email-masked]>

	Scrolling commands which do not signal errors at top/bottom.
	http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-03/msg01452.html

	* simple.el (scroll-up-command, scroll-down-command): New commands.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.6)
 of 2010-05-08 on escher
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10605000
configured using `configure  '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars''