Subject: Re: [bug#61620] [PATCH] gnu: tlpui: Update to 1.5.0-6.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2023 19:12:02 +0100

Hello,

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:

> They are indeed not relevant to the changes here. They are detected as
> changing because the derivations do change, but that's because they
> change every time you try and compute them, rather than changing as a
> result from the patches here.
>
> I think a way to avoid this would be to have the error happen earlier,
> so rather than waiting until you try and build the derivation, try to
> detect that the builder script can't be read when it's being created. I
> can't see an easy way to do that, but I've filed an issue about it:
> https://issues.guix.gnu.org/62051

Meanwhile, this looks like a green flag for the current package, so
I applied the patch.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou