Subject: 30.0.50; ffap-other-window ignores ffap-require-prefix

From: Ergus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 03:45:30 +0100

Hi:

I just found that ffap-other-window ignores when ffap-require-prefix is
non-nil.

Looking at the code it seems to be that find-file-at-point has:

(and (called-interactively-p 'interactive)
     (if ffap-require-prefix (not current-prefix-arg)
	 current-prefix-arg))

but ffap-other-window calls find-file-at-point no interactively. Same
for ffap-other-frame, ffap-other-tab and so on...

I am not sure if the (called-interactively-p 'interactive) test is
actually needed in the first place, but I could be wrong. Is this
intended?

Best,
Ergus

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 14, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.36, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-02-19 built on Ergus
Repository revision: 750bc57cbb8d081566e671e8fc3e27a82588c197
Repository branch: master
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/ergo/.local/ --with-mailutils --with-json
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-modules --with-cairo
 --with-harfbuzz --with-native-compilation
 '--program-transform-name=s/^ctags$/ctags.emacs/''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  windmove-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  fido-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  diff-hl-margin-local-mode: t
  diff-hl-margin-mode: t
  diff-hl-mode: t
  gtags-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  xclip-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/mnt/casa/gits/emacs_clones/gtags-mode/gtags-mode hides /home/ergo/.config/emacs/elpa/gtags-mode-1.0/gtags-mode
/home/ergo/.config/emacs/elpa/transient-20230214.1525/transient hides /home/ergo/.local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils pulse
color shortdoc time-date dabbrev cape-keyword move-dup misearch
multi-isearch company-elisp vc-git bookmark text-property-search pp
windmove jka-compr cl-print help-fns radix-tree autorevert filenotify
ffap thingatpt url-parse auth-source password-cache url-vars cus-start
cus-load icomplete elec-pair flyspell-correct flyspell ispell
company-semantic company-template company-capf company flycheck
ansi-color json map find-func dash pcase diff-hl-margin diff-hl-dired
dired-x dired dired-loaddefs diff-hl log-view pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher diff-mode cape compat comp comp-cstr warnings icons rx
gtags-mode subr-x files-x xref project term/tmux term/xterm xterm init
repeat xt-mouse xclip edmacro kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key
simple-16-theme winner ring saveplace delsel savehist easy-mmode
display-fill-column-indicator display-line-numbers diminish which-key
cl-extra help-mode use-package-diminish use-package-core disp-table info
dumb-jump-autoloads highlight-indent-guides-autoloads
company-lua-autoloads vundo-autoloads sudo-edit-autoloads
cuda-mode-autoloads nginx-mode-autoloads crdt-autoloads magit-autoloads
company-auctex-autoloads groovy-mode-autoloads flycheck-rust-autoloads
string-inflection-autoloads company-c-headers-autoloads
protobuf-mode-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads tree-sitter-autoloads
lice-autoloads lorem-ipsum-autoloads julia-mode-autoloads
nasm-mode-autoloads deadgrep-autoloads popup-autoloads
company-nginx-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads d-mode-autoloads
tsc-autoloads i3wm-config-mode-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
ssh-config-mode-autoloads move-dup-autoloads clang-format-autoloads
esup-autoloads gnuplot-autoloads web-completion-data-autoloads
phi-search-autoloads better-shell-autoloads fancy-compilation-autoloads
arduino-cli-mode-autoloads flycheck-julia-autoloads cape-autoloads
auctex-autoloads tex-site which-key-autoloads slime-autoloads
flycheck-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads ibuffer-sidebar-autoloads
systemd-autoloads pkgbuild-mode-autoloads neotree-autoloads
modern-cpp-font-lock-autoloads company-reftex-autoloads
google-c-style-autoloads flymake-nasm-autoloads request-autoloads
caml-autoloads arduino-mode-autoloads ede/auto eieio-base cl-seq eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile eieio-core cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
sphinx-mode-autoloads f-autoloads diff-hl-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads
gtags-mode-autoloads mutt-mode-autoloads xclip-autoloads
diminish-autoloads imenu-list-autoloads paradox-autoloads
spinner-autoloads avy-zap-autoloads nftables-mode-autoloads s-autoloads
ibuffer-vc-autoloads objed-autoloads iedit-autoloads
languagetool-autoloads vterm-toggle-autoloads vterm-autoloads
avy-autoloads git-timemachine-autoloads emamux-autoloads
flymake-quickdef-autoloads yasnippet-snippets-autoloads
ibuffer-project-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads
shell-command+-autoloads notmuch-autoloads e2ansi-autoloads
face-explorer-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads flx-autoloads
opencl-mode-autoloads ptemplate-templates-autoloads ptemplate-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads git-modes-autoloads evil-collection-autoloads
annalist-autoloads ibuffer-tramp-autoloads debbugs-autoloads
evil-autoloads goto-chg-autoloads cobol-mode-autoloads
dired-sidebar-autoloads dired-subtree-autoloads
dired-hacks-utils-autoloads git-commit-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
transient-autoloads compat-autoloads macrostep-autoloads
flyspell-correct-autoloads company-autoloads dash-autoloads
epl-autoloads vdiff-autoloads hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads early-init
rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 281356 45353)
 (symbols 48 17929 0)
 (strings 32 63749 4451)
 (string-bytes 1 2119985)
 (vectors 16 33013)
 (vector-slots 8 925310 53948)
 (floats 8 340 2501)
 (intervals 56 11485 692)
 (buffers 984 18))