Subject: bug#6161: 24.0.50; report-emacs-bug semantically-void text too high tech

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 03:24:10 +0800

In report-emacs-bug, you may think that doing this makes things easier
on somebody,

            ;; Put these properties on semantically-void text.
            ;; report-emacs-bug-hook deletes these regions before sending.
            (prompt-properties '(field emacsbug-prompt
                                       intangible but-helpful
                                       rear-nonsticky t))

But it is definitely not the user, who is confused by the weird
paragraphs that the cursor jumps over etc.

In http://www.useit.com/alertbox/ we often learn to stick to
familiarity. I.e., just please go back to saying "delete everything
before this line before sending", else there is too much magic going on
and the user doubts the whole form.

Perhaps just employ experts variables like reportbug... (as this seems
like a Debian extension... as we see later in the file,

        (compose-mail report-emacs-bug-address topic
                      '(("Cc" . "[email-masked]")))

)