Subject: bug#61606: closed (Re: bug#61606: julia 1.8.3 installation failed)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 17:35:03 +0000

Your bug report

#61606: julia 1.8.3 installation failed

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
61606: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=61606
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#61606: julia 1.8.3 installation failed
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 18:35:20 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi francis,

francismb 写道：
> while trying to install package julia the installation fails:

Sorry that you wasted so much (computing) time on this.  It should 
be fixed on master[0] now.

Thanks for the detailed bug report!

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=0fbff222c49b1807fae2089b1462fa6e9aefb79f

Subject: julia 1.8.3 installation failed
From: francismb <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 13:43:35 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear Maintainers,
while trying to install package julia the installation fails:

guix package -i julia
The following package will be installed:
    julia 1.8.3

2,4 MB will be downloaded
  curl-7.84.0-doc  667KiB

                         3.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  curl-7.84.0  400KiB

                         7.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/699qk27p5jm5faflvzzcz2if082zy2wj-julia-1.8.3.drv
   /gnu/store/yf9x2b3kl8z299yxmn1f895pc36hgn3y-julia-1.8.3.tar.xz.drv

100,4 MB will be downloaded
  linux-libre-headers-5.10.35  1.1MiB

                         4.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  curl-7.79.1  389KiB

                         3.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  diffutils-3.8  571KiB

                         6.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  ed-1.17  60KiB

                         6.6MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  findutils-4.8.0  762KiB

                         7.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  gcc-10.3.0-lib  9.0MiB

                         7.0MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
  isl-0.23  941KiB

                         7.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  julia-1.8.3.tar.gz  8.2MiB

                         6.7MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
  libgit2-1.3.2  591KiB

                         5.0MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libpsl-0.21.1  57KiB

                         5.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  libwhich-1.1.0  5KiB

                         505KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  llvm-13.0.1  51.5MiB

                         7.0MiB/s 00:07 [##################] 100.0%
  make-4.3  692KiB

                         7.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  module-import-compiled  268KiB

                         6.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  mpc-1.2.1  134KiB

                         8.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  patch-2.7.6  100KiB

                         6.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  gfortran-10.3.0  48.5MiB

                         7.0MiB/s 00:07 [##################] 100.0%
  patchelf-0.11  70KiB

                         2.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  wget-1.21.3  674KiB

                         5.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
  which-2.21  28KiB

                         5.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
building
/gnu/store/yf9x2b3kl8z299yxmn1f895pc36hgn3y-julia-1.8.3.tar.xz.drv...
building /gnu/store/699qk27p5jm5faflvzzcz2if082zy2wj-julia-1.8.3.drv...
\ 'check' phasebuilder for
`/gnu/store/699qk27p5jm5faflvzzcz2if082zy2wj-julia-1.8.3.drv' failed
with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/699qk27p5jm5faflvzzcz2if082zy2wj-julia-1.8.3.drv failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/69/9qk27p5jm5faflvzzcz2if082zy2wj-julia-1.8.3.drv.bz2'.
guix package: error: build of
`/gnu/store/699qk27p5jm5faflvzzcz2if082zy2wj-julia-1.8.3.drv' failed

Attached the build log,

I hope it helps, thanks in advance!
francisMB