Subject: bug#6159: 23.2; c++ parenthesis matching problem

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 15:42:49 -0800

Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 11:58:00AM -0700, Ertan Dogrultan wrote:
>> I do C++ programming on Emacs. When I call methods of a class from an
>> object pointer and write like object->get_value(); The sign '>' is
>> considered like parenthesis and causes indentation mistakes, although
>> the program compiles and executes without any problems. 
>
> this is a known problem with C++.  It takes semantic analysis (i.e. a
> compiler) reliably to distinguish between "greater than" and "close
> template".  However, there are improvements to this being worked on.
>
> Is there any chance you could supply a preferably small but complete
> piece of source code which illustrates the problem?  Does the bug happen
> with every -> operator, or only in certain circumstances?

More information was requested three years ago, but no further progress
has been made, so I'm closing this bug report.  If this problem is still
present, please reopen the bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/