Subject: [bug#61586] [PATCH RFC 0/2] Add BinaryEn

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 21:45:33 +0100

Hi Guix,

this series gets us a little closer to having a "full" WebAssembly stack.
It packages binaryen, on top of which other compilers such as emscripten
or AssemblyScript (a sort of Typescript?) are built.

However, there is a grain of salt.  It appears binaryen has some rather
esoteric use for -msse2 on i686: Rather than performance, it wants it
for precision.  Needless to say, this would break compatibility with
older CPUs.  I'm wondering if we should simply drop i686 (and similarly
32-bit ARM) from supported-systems or whether there's a more clever
hack to use here.

Cheers

Liliana Marie Prikler (2):
  gnu: Add python-filecheck.
  gnu: Add binaryen.

 gnu/packages/check.scm | 25 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/web.scm   | 45 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 70 insertions(+)

base-commit: 312f1f41d3f3f3e5d2c36ff46920c6dce1c21a17
-- 
2.39.1