Subject: [bug#61583] [PATCH] gnu: git: Update to 2.39.2 [fixes CVE-2023-22490 & CVE-2023-23946].

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 20:14:07 +0100

Hi,

CC: core team

On Mon, 20 Feb 2023 at 12:44, Simon Tournier <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On ven., 17 févr. 2023 at 18:04, Greg Hogan <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> * gnu/packages/version-control.scm (git): Update to 2.39.2.
>
> As noticed previously for an update of Git, this implies a lot of
> rebuilds because git-minimal inherits from git.

Well, I locally rebuilt all and maybe a couple of packages break.  The
rebuild is intensive and I do not know if such update should to master
or core-updates and/or use some grafts.

For instance, QA is still saying nothing after 12 days.

    https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/61583

> Well, I am checking if git-minimal is used only for the tests by some of
> the packages.

I have tried to replace the plain ’git’ or ’git-minimal’ by
’git-minimal/pinned’ for some packages.  It does not change much.

> For sure, it is a concern since it is a security fixes.

Hum, we are not very reactive. :-)

Cheers,
simon