Subject: Re: bug#61577: 30.0.50; project-try-vc missing vc-got

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 15:17:37 +0200

On 18/02/2023 12:48, Omar Polo wrote:

>> Originally, I figured all major backends should be covered, but it won't
>> hurt to add one more, especially since vc-got is in ELPA.
> 
> I guess that now the (require 'vc-svn) could go away too.

Ah yeah, thanks for the suggestion.

> Thanks!
> 
> P.S.: thanks also for the explanation about CVS/RCS/SCCS/SRC.  To be
> fair I never used the project-* functions in a CVS checkout before
> yesterday, and it makes sense not to include them by default.  Well,
> maaaybe a vc-cvs-root that walks up until the root of the checkout
> could be provided, but I'm not too knowledgable about CVS and my usage
> of it is scarce enough that I didn't feel the reason to have it.
> Hardly used anything other than C-x v = in CVS checkouts.

Given that CVS is both unable to provide a faster file listing, and 
(IIUC) its file ignore settings are spread between the directories, a 
user might as well add a new element to project-find-functions, to get 
the basic features. And closer integration will require more work.