Subject: bug#61567: 30.0.50; Define display-time-time-and-date-indicator face

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 08:37:32 +0200

> From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 08:07:40 +0200
> 
> I have written a small patch for 'time.el'.  It adds a face to the
> date+time of 'M-x display-time-mode'.
> 
> Should I install this on 'master'?

Yes, please.

> Any changes to make to it?

See below.

> * etc/NEWS: Announce the new face for the 'display-time-format'.
> * lisp/time.el (display-time-time-and-date-indicator): Define new face.
> (display-time-string-forms): Use the new face.

Please remember to mention the bug number in the log message when you
install this.

> +---
> +** New face for 'display-time-format'
> +The 'display-time-time-and-date-indicator' applies to the time and
> +date component of the 'display-time-mode'.  By default, the face has
> +all its attributes unspecified to preserve the indicator's familiar
> +appearance.

This entry is IMO too long for such a simple and minor change.  Just
saying something like

  ** New face 'display-time-time-and-date-indicator'.
  This is used for displaying the time and date components of
  'display-time-mode'.

should be enough.

> +(defface display-time-time-and-date-indicator nil
> +  "Face of the `display-time-format'."
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Face for `display-time-format'."

Thanks.