Subject: bug#6155: closed (Re: bug#6155: Crashes on w32 because of bad frame initialization)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 23:17:03 +0000

Your bug report

#6155: Crashes on w32 because of bad frame initialization

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6155: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6155
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#6155: Crashes on w32 because of bad frame initialization
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 19:16:31 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In the absence of a recipe to reproduce the issue or a backtrace from a
crash (from a vanilla Emacs with debugging info) I don't think anything
can be done. Please reopen or reply to this report if you get either of
those.

Subject: Crashes on w32 because of bad frame initialization
From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
To: Emacs Bugs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 16:13:15 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I have seen numerous crashes on w32 when a frame has been badly
initialized. I wonder if the problem is that frames can get half
initialized.

In the function Fx_create_frame a bad value coming from a frame
parameter (menu-bar-lines . t) will lead to an error in

  x_default_parameter (f, parameters, Qmenu_bar_lines, make_number (1),
		       "menuBar", "MenuBar", RES_TYPE_NUMBER);

Does not that leave the frame half initialized?

(I am loooking at the code from a trunk checkout done 2010-05-06.)