Subject: bug#6155: Crashes on w32 because of bad frame initialization

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 20:55:30 +0200

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 7:41 PM, Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 18:00, Lennart Borgman
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> The `t' in (menu-bar-lines . t) shoudld be a number. In make-frame I
>> got an error and shortly afterwards Emacs crashed.
>
> (progn
>  (push '(menu-bar-lines . t) default-frame-alist)
>  (make-frame))

This should perhaps be

  (let ((frame-alist (delete '(menu-bar-lines . 1) default-frame-alist)))
    (setq frame-alist (cons '(menu-bar-lines . t) frame-alist))
    (make-frame frame-alist))

but I do not get an error from that now either. Sigh, I thought I had
tracked down an example that worked. I wonder what is different now.

I will test a bit more.