Subject: Re: bug#61549: 30.0.50; [PATCH] New keyboard macro counter functions

From: Alex Bochannek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 17:59:15 -0800

Eli,

Thanks for all the doc string comments, I was not sure about them and I
don't think I knew about checkdoc. I should spend some more time with
Appendix D of the Elisp manual.

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> +  (let ((arg
>> +	 (cond ((or (consp arg) (null arg)) 0)
>> +	       ((eq '- arg) -1)
>> +	       (t arg))))
>
> This seems to imply that ARG has meaning beyond what the above text
> says.

I was struggling a bit with this one. On the one hand, I wanted the raw
prefix because I didn't want `C-u' to turn into 4, on the other hand, I
still wanted to let `C-u -' be interpreted as -1. Is there a better way
to do this?

I am updating the doc strings and submit a new version in the next few
days.

Thanks for the review!

-- 
Alex.