Subject: bug#61539: master 0724e0aeb5b: * lisp/gnus/nnselect.el (nnselect-push-info): Sort artlist

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 09:11:47 -0700

Hello,

On Mon 10 Apr 2023 at 11:52PM -04, Andrew G Cohen wrote:

> branch: master
> commit 0724e0aeb5be7c60cd76c6afc8e22ed47d9c85bd
> Author: Andrew G Cohen <[email-masked]>
> Commit: Andrew G Cohen <[email-masked]>
>
>     * lisp/gnus/nnselect.el (nnselect-push-info): Sort artlist
> ---
>  lisp/gnus/nnselect.el | 1 +
>  1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

With this change, do you believe #61539 to be resolved?  I ask because
the patch you sent me to test is slightly different to what's now on
master.  I would like to switch to testing master, but only if you've
finished pushing the fix.

I did see an args out of range error, copied below, today, with the
patch you sent off-list, when trying to enter a group.  But it happened
just once, and possibly your subsequent changes fix the problem.

Thanks!

    nnselect-retrieve-headers: Args out of range:
    [["nnmaildir+fmail:annex" 797867 100] ["nnmaildir+fmail:annex"
    798482 100] ["nnmaildir+fmail:annex" 800077 100]
    ["nnmaildir+fmail:annex" 800110 100] ["nnmaildir+fmail:annex" 800209
    100] ["nnmaildir+fmail:annex" 804911 100] ["nnmaildir+fmail:annex"
    805086 100] ["nnmaildir+fmail:annex" 805091 100]
    ["nnmaildir+fmail:annex" 805223 100] ["nnmaildir+fmail:annex" 805262
    100] ...], 6388

-- 
Sean Whitton