Subject: [bug#61527] [PATCH] Add edgelist graph backend

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2023 11:34:06 +0100

Hi Kyle,

On mer., 01 mars 2023 at 03:49, Kyle Andrews <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I used git send-email for this task.
>
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> git send-email *.patch --to=[email-masked]
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> Is that the preferred way to do it? I'm not quite sure how debbugs
> associates the issue numbers.

No, it is not. :-)

Doing this, you trigger a new Debbugs number, and worse, one per patch
behind *.patch.

Please give a look to the manual,

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Submitting-Patches
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Sending-a-Patch-Series

and let us know if it appears to you unclear, or any feedback. :-)

In short:

Once Debbugs created a number for tracking the patch, it is currently
the number 61527, you must reply to [email-masked].

After a first version, you can use the option --reroll-count of
git-format-patch for incrementing the count.  Here, it would be ’-v2’
(short for --reroll-count=2).  This makes the Subject: [PATCH v2 x/N].

Hope that helps,
simon