Subject: bug#61514: 30.0.50; sadistically long xml line hangs emacs

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 19:52:09 +0800

Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>>> Nobody is saying that there is no bug here.  I was only pointing
>>>>> out that the bug is not "in Emacs", it is in the fontification
>>>>> routines of a specific mode.  If you turn fontification off, you
>>>>> will see that Emacs 30 behaves much better than Emacs 28.
>>>>
>>>> And when that mode is part of Emacs, the bug is in Emacs.
>>>
>>> That remark misses the context and the point.
>>
>> The context is that you dismissed a bug in nxml because it cannot be
>> reproduced in fundamental-mode.
>>
>
> That's not the context, no.  Nor did I dismiss a bug, read the first
> sentence above: "Nobody is saying that there is no bug here."  Nor did
> fundamental-mode play any role whatsoever in this discussion.

Here is what you said:

  Nobody is saying that there is no bug here. I was only pointing out that
  the bug is not "in Emacs", it is in the fontification routines of a
  specific mode. If you turn fontification off, you will see that Emacs 30
  behaves much better than Emacs 28.

or, simplified,

  "Nobody is saying that there is no bug here.  There is no bug in
  Emacs."

Now, people will think we will not fix bugs in nxml.