Subject: Re: bug#61513: [PATCH 1/2] gnu: Add emacs-next-tree-sitter.

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 13:38:01 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 20 Feb 2023 at 20:21, Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Naive question: why not squash the 2 patches?  Adding the new
>> variable and fix the version of emacs-next.
>
> Because the next patch "upgrades" emacs-next to the then HEAD of the
> emacs-29 branch, which wasn't hitherto packaged in Guix.
> Alternatively, one could reset it to an earlier version in the first
> commit, but we have a(n informal) policy that discourages downgrades.

Ah indeed, thanks for the explanations.

IIUC, the error seems Guix commit
6f0c9053244d6b4cfc4130c963a15dbf83cbcdac in the first place, introducing
Emacs commit ac7ec87a7a0db887e4ae7fe9005aea517958b778 which is not from
the Emacs 29 series but from the Emacs 30 series.

Well, I do not think if we can speak about downgrade here. :-)  Anyway.

It LGTM.

Cheers,
simon