Subject: bug#61508: closed (Re: bug#61508: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Update thumbnail buffer's header more)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 06:27:02 +0000

Your bug report

#61508: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Update thumbnail buffer's header more

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
61508: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=61508
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#61508: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Update thumbnail buffer's header more
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 08:26:12 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 23:51:22 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> [...]
> 
> >> Eli, is it okay to install the above bug fix on the emacs-29 branch at
> >> this point?
> >
> > Yes, thanks.  (This whole area of Emacs was revamped for Emacs 29,
> > right?  So this is just fixing a regression introduced while we were
> > at that.)
> 
> I guess that you are quite busy now but do you think you could apply it
> then?

Done.

Subject: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Update thumbnail buffer's header more
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 15:17:58 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Without this patch, the header of the thumbnail buffer does not always
update correctly (for instance with "C-t .", "C-t a" and even "C-t d").

Best regards,
>From bfff40cc6e9327d90040578d3b751c03bb0911eb Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 15:08:17 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Update thumbnail buffer's header more

* lisp/image/image-dired.el (image-dired-display-thumbs): Call
image-dired--update-header-line.
---
 lisp/image/image-dired.el | 3 ++-
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/image/image-dired.el b/lisp/image/image-dired.el
index 49b8d9f03c8..cfcd1851188 100644
--- a/lisp/image/image-dired.el
+++ b/lisp/image/image-dired.el
@@ -593,7 +593,8 @@ image-dired-display-thumbs
       (if do-not-pop
           (display-buffer buf)
         (pop-to-buffer buf))
-      (image-dired--line-up-with-method))))
+      (image-dired--line-up-with-method)
+      (image-dired--update-header-line))))
 
 ;;;###autoload
 (defun image-dired-show-all-from-dir (dir)
-- 
2.39.1

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.2, cairo version
 1.17.8) of 2023-02-13 built on computer
Repository revision: 609319da870eac75cf4715de8abfaac9233d98f9
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101006
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.2 GENERIC.MP#1028 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs --bindir=/home/manuel/bin
 --with-x-toolkit=no --without-sound --without-compress-install
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  gnus-dired-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-0.10.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.3.7/transient hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow emacsbug magit-patch magit-extras face-remap magit-bookmark
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff
git-commit log-edit magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor magit-mode transient magit-git
magit-section find-dired ffap mailalias dabbrev shr-color sort gnus-cite
mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable
textsec-check gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml gnus-topic mm-archive
url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth qp utf-7 imap rfc2104 nndoc nndraft
nnmh network-stream nsm nnfolder nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache nnrss w3m w3m-hist w3m-fb
bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-favicon w3m-image tab-line w3m-proc w3m-util
image-crop misearch multi-isearch cl-print add-log smerge-mode diff
whitespace vc-annotate magit-utils dash ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs image-dired-dired shortdoc descr-text pulse help-fns
radix-tree image-file image-converter image-dired image-dired-tags
image-dired-external image-dired-util vc-dir ewoc org-indent mhtml-mode
reveal view pascal vc-hg conf-mode flymake-cc flymake-proc flymake
warnings vc css-mode sgml-mode facemenu sh-script smie executable vc-cvs
vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util js c-ts-common treesit imenu oc-basic
org-element org-persist org-id org-refile avl-tree ol-eww eww xdg
url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb
ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi gnus-dired autorevert filenotify vc-git
diff-mode vc-dispatcher vc-svn bug-reference paredit edmacro time
battery exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms
xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout
exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto xcb-types
xcb-debug kmacro server stimmung-themes modus-operandi-theme
modus-themes ytdious osm mingus libmpdee reporter edebug debug backtrace
transmission diary-lib diary-loaddefs color calc-bin calc-ext calc
calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs w3m-load mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-main mu4e-view
mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions smtpmail mu4e-search
mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark mu4e-message flow-fill mule-util
hl-line mu4e-contacts mu4e-update mu4e-folders mu4e-server mu4e-context
mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers mu4e-config bookmark ido supercite regi
ebdb-message ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range
mm-util mail-prsvr ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev
eieio-opt cl-extra help-mode speedbar ezimage dframe eieio-base pcase
timezone org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces
org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol
org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs visual-basic-mode
cl web-mode derived disp-table erlang-start smart-tabs-mode skeleton
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp tramp rx tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration cus-edit cus-load wid-edit files-x
tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp
format-spec slime-fancy slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent
slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch slime-presentations
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
apropos compile text-property-search etags fileloop generator xref
project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline icons pp comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt slime-autoloads dired-aux dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs notifications dbus xml repeat easy-mmode desktop
frameset stimmung-themes-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads ebdb-autoloads
magit-autoloads debbugs-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
paredit-autoloads dash-autoloads ytdious-autoloads
transmission-autoloads transient-autoloads exwm-autoloads
hyperbole-autoloads detached-autoloads info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1313150 454816)
 (symbols 48 78290 10)
 (strings 32 387199 29286)
 (string-bytes 1 11441146)
 (vectors 16 200605)
 (vector-slots 8 3892965 133077)
 (floats 8 793 457)
 (intervals 56 48431 12000)
 (buffers 984 166))

-- 
Manuel Giraud