Subject: bug#61506: 30.0.50; [PATCH]: Send command in eglot completion exit-function

From: Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 12:00:21 +0100

Hi Joao and others!

The LSP spec supports an optional command in the completion results, so
that the server can know what completion candidate was selected.  That
information can then be used by the server to score candidates for
better completion results etc.  This simple patch adds support for this.
I have no strong opinions on _where_ exactly the command should be sent,
as in before or after the didchange notification.  I've been using this
the last couple of days.

What do you think?  Any objections to me installing this sometime later?
Should it be mentioned in NEWS, or isn't it interesting enough?

Theo

>From a7756c7f0e1ca9aeca59b496e35000651e0a5252 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 11:52:57 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Send command in eglot completion exit-function

* lisp/progmodes/eglot.el: Destructure optional argument command.
(eglot-completion-at-point): Send command if supplied by server.
---
 lisp/progmodes/eglot.el | 5 ++++-
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el b/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el
index 6caf5894ed..4526f41812 100644
--- a/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el
+++ b/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el
@@ -2923,7 +2923,7 @@ eglot-completion-at-point
                                     (window-buffer (minibuffer-selected-window))
                                   (current-buffer))
              (eglot--dbind ((CompletionItem) insertTextFormat
-                            insertText textEdit additionalTextEdits label)
+                            insertText textEdit additionalTextEdits label command)
                  (funcall
                   resolve-maybe
                   (or (get-text-property 0 'eglot--lsp-item proxy)
@@ -2963,6 +2963,9 @@ eglot-completion-at-point
                  (when (cl-plusp (length additionalTextEdits))
                    (eglot--apply-text-edits additionalTextEdits)))
                (eglot--signal-textDocument/didChange)
+               (when command
+                 (eglot--dbind ((Command) command arguments) command
+                   (eglot-execute-command server (intern command) arguments)))
                (eldoc)))))))))
 
 (defun eglot--hover-info (contents &optional _range)
-- 
2.34.1