Subject: 29.0.60; c-ts-mode auto-indent not working

From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 10:06:13 +0530

The auto-indent is not working when using c-ts-mode.

Steps:

1. create a new file test.c

2. After typing following snippet, the indentation should work
automatically on RET. But even the TAB is not indenting the next line
(after the RET),

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
int main()
{
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-02-14 built on anant
Repository revision: cc30422825a5acf460d026bfe912b327b70dedcf
Repository branch: HEAD
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/pankaj/.local --with-tree-sitter --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  eglot--managed-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  direnv-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/pankaj/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230213.1337/transient hides /home/pankaj/.local/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow bbdb-message emacsbug sort smiley gnus-cite mail-extr textsec
uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check
gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml disp-table cursor-sensor utf-7 nndraft
nnmh nnfolder nnml epa-file network-stream bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua bbdb-com
nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp
gnus-cache .gnus cl-print help-fns radix-tree diary-lib diary-loaddefs
tramp-cache time-stamp prettier tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration cus-edit cus-start cus-load tramp-compat ls-lisp nvm f
f-shortdoc iter2 yaml-mode flyspell ispell bug-reference conf-mode
sh-script smie executable gnus-dired dired-aux make-mode reftex-dcr
reftex reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars tex-bar toolbar-x font-latex latexenc
preview latex latex-flymake tex-ispell tex-style tex texmathp tex-mode
display-line-numbers oc-basic ol-eww eww url-queue mm-url ol-rmail
ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo ol-docview
doc-view image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi vc-git vc-dispatcher cmake-ts-mode mule-util jka-compr
vc-svn eglot external-completion array jsonrpc ert ewoc debug backtrace
c-ts-mode checkdoc lisp-mnt corfu display-fill-column-indicator init
my-init kunji hdfc ob-plantuml ob-sql ob-css ob-js ob-java ob-C
ob-python python gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win
gnus nnheader range erc-join erc-goodies erc iso8601 erc-backend
erc-networks erc-common erc-compat erc-loaddefs solar cal-dst
use-package-delight rust-ts-mode use-package-bind-key bind-key js
c-ts-common desktop frameset treesit direnv magit-bookmark
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff
smerge-mode diff diff-mode easy-mmode git-commit log-edit pcvs-util
add-log magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor shell server magit-mode
transient edmacro kmacro magit-git magit-base magit-section crm compat
org-mime message sendmail yank-media rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
ox-org ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-pttrn nxml-parse
nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar org-agenda
ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element org-persist org-id
org-refile avl-tree debbugs soap-client mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
url-http url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rng-xsd rng-dt rng-util xsd-regexp plantuml-mode
solidity-mode solidity-common php-mode mode-local speedbar ezimage
dframe cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
php-face php php-project cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs gnuplot info-look
docker-compose-mode nov recentf tree-widget wid-edit org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities time-date
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold
org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs format-spec imenu bookmark
pp shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file puny svg xml esxml-query dom
markdown-mode color groovy-mode dash s graphql-mode let-alist
editorconfig editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle
editorconfig-fnmatch haskell-mode haskell-cabal haskell-utils
haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme rx haskell-align-imports
haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support noutline outline
flymake-proc flymake warnings icons dabbrev haskell-customize go-mode
find-file ffap thingatpt etags fileloop generator compile
text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color gtags-mode files-x
denote xdg dired dired-loaddefs xref project ring which-key
exec-path-from-shell bbdb bbdb-site timezone delight cl-extra help-mode
use-package-ensure use-package-core modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes
pcase hl-line savehist finder-inf solidity-mode-autoloads
spinner-autoloads org-mime-autoloads prettier-autoloads
groovy-mode-autoloads php-mode-autoloads nvm-autoloads f-autoloads
iter2-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads editorconfig-autoloads
denote-autoloads json-snatcher-autoloads which-key-autoloads
docker-compose-mode-autoloads exec-path-from-shell-autoloads
corfu-autoloads debbugs-autoloads parseedn-autoloads auctex-autoloads
tex-site bbdb-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads git-commit-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
yaml-mode-autoloads parseclj-autoloads gtags-mode-autoloads
go-mode-autoloads plantuml-mode-autoloads gnuplot-autoloads
nov-autoloads esxml-autoloads kv-autoloads 0blayout-autoloads
delight-autoloads 750words-autoloads queue-autoloads s-autoloads
graphql-mode-autoloads transient-autoloads compat-autoloads
direnv-autoloads info dash-autoloads sesman-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib early-init rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1317833 44349)
 (symbols 48 62086 53)
 (strings 32 272989 5267)
 (string-bytes 1 7987872)
 (vectors 16 138971)
 (vector-slots 8 2532888 146933)
 (floats 8 1064 92)
 (intervals 56 2969 0)
 (buffers 984 101))