Subject: Re: bug#61489: Acknowledgement ([PATCH 1/1] Increase BLOCK_ALIGN from 2¹⁰to 2¹⁵)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 15:26:08 +0200

> From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 09:20:58 +0100
> 
> >>>>> On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 09:56:19 +0300, Konstantin Kharlamov <[email-masked]> said:
> 
>     >> Thank you. But, how one sends a patch series then?
> 
> You send your cover letter to bug-gnu-emacs, which creates a bug
> <bugnumber>. You then send the rest of the series to
> <bugnumber>@debbugs.gnu.org (for extra credit, you put the bug number
> in the commit message before doing this).

Alternatively, send all of the patches in a single email message as
attachments, then you don't need to wait for the bug tracker to
allocate a number.  Whether this is convenient enough for you depends
on your workflows vis-a-vis Git and "git format-patch", and also what
is your MUA and how it is configured.