Subject: bug#61460: 30.0.50; Calendar shows eclipse for quarter moon

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 16:05:23 +0200

> From: Ulrich Mueller <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 14:30:59 +0100
> 
> > Yes, please add such comments there, and thanks.
> 
> This would require that I understand the code. :) I happen to have a
> copy of Dershowitz & Reingold "Calendrical Calculations" (3rd ed.).
> The calculations of the lunar orbit there (on pages 193-207) are well
> commented, but seem to be very different from those in lunar.el
> (for example, they contain corrections for the gravitational pull of
> Venus and Jupiter).
> 
> So, I'll see what I can do, but please don't expect anything soon.

The stuff you explained to Michael can already produce a few valuable
comments, I think.  Of course, more comprehensive comments will be
welcome.