Subject: bug#6145: wikipedia-mode hard to fix linebreaks

From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 11:34:36 +0200

>>>>> On Mon, 10 May 2010 00:28:40 +0800, [email-masked] wrote:

   > In wikipedia-mode I was unable to remove the line breaks, and thus was
   > unable to insert this chunk into

Can you please describe in more detail what you did?

Did you generate the text in wikipedia-mode? That would
surprise me because in that mode emacs should produce
"longlines".

Or did you copy the text from somewhere? Even so it is
strange since text from say a Word processor such as
Openoffice usually comes with "longlines".

What functions did you try out in order to get rid of the
linebreaks?

The text below is the text in question, I just copied it
into a file (test2.wiki) applied 
(wikipedia-unfill-article)

And it worked as expected.

Uwe Brauer 

   > P.S., please make wikipedia-mode part of emacs. P.S., is
   > ;; Version: 0.5
   > ;; Keywords: wiki
   > ;; $Id: wikipedia-mode.el,v 1.5 2006/05/30 15:16:45 oub Exp oub $
   > the latest?
Well that is the version I sent once to emacs sources. I
have a newer version, the last changes are couple of weeks
old, however the filling functions should work in version
you are using besides Mark wanted to merge wikipedia-mode
with mediawiki mode. So I don't know what to do, sending my
upgraded version wait for a decision of the others.