Subject: Re: Redump script causes an abort on emacs 29.0.60

From: Lynn Winebarger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 19:40:03 -0500

Attached is a very similar script for redumping a maximal load of core
emacs libraries under 28.2.  It works without any issue, with the same
configuration flags used for 30.0.50 and 29.0.60.
I'm writing a script to generate these redumping programs.  The
differences in the steps to generate these programs between versions
is (or should be) de minimis.  The list of excluded libraries is
generated from (a) the list of features from
provide-post-init-features, (b) the list of pre-loaded files in the
baseline dump file created by the emacs build process, (c)
incompatible libraries (i.e w32 and dos libraries on a linux system),
and (d) anything in the term or obsolete subdirectories, and any
library with "viper" in the name (due to its annoying startup
behavior).  Otherwise the list of files is generated by identified all
".elc" files in the lisp subdirectory, so there is some variation from
version to version expected.

On Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 9:01 AM Lynn Winebarger <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> The same redumping script I submitted for 30.0.50 causes an abort
> signal on 29.0.60, built with same configure options as 30.0.50 in the
> report.  emacs --version reports:
> GNU Emacs 29.0.60
> Development version d4fc70129786 on emacs-29 branch; build date 2023-02-12.
> Copyright (C) 2023 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
> You may redistribute copies of GNU Emacs
> under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
> For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.