Subject: bug#61440: 27.2; Be able to have `view-lossage' report only on the current buffer

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 21:59:09 +0000

Enhancement request.

Be able (e.g. with a prefix arg) to have `C-h l' show only the recent
commands used in the current buffer.  The max number should be the same
as if listing the commands used in all buffers.  IOW, it shouldn't just be a
filtering of what `C-h l' without a prefix arg would give you (i.e., limited
to the max number).

It would be good to also extend `recent-keys' to accept an additional
optional arg, to have it return only events in the current buffer.

In GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2021-03-26 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: deef5efafb70f4b171265b896505b92b6eef24e6
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19044
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19044.2486)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.

Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY W32NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2
HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252