Subject: [bug#61437] [PATCH] doc: contributing: Cover push frequency in the Commit Policy.

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 21:15:05 +0000

* doc/contributing.texi (Commit Access): Add paragraph about push frequency.
---
 doc/contributing.texi | 6 ++++++
 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+)

diff --git a/doc/contributing.texi b/doc/contributing.texi
index c436bc4a31..09b9da3e89 100644
--- a/doc/contributing.texi
+++ b/doc/contributing.texi
@@ -1852,6 +1852,12 @@ commits that caused immediate problems.  This is subject to being
 adjusted, allowing individuals to commit directly on non-controversial
 changes on parts they’re familiar with.
 
+Try to plan ahead and avoid pushing several times in a short time
+window.  This reduces the likelyhood that others working on the same
+branch will encounter problems when pushing.  It also reduces the load
+on services like @url{https://data.guix.gnu.org,data.guix.gnu.org} that
+process each revision that is pushed.
+
 When pushing a commit on behalf of somebody else, please add a
 @code{Signed-off-by} line at the end of the commit log message---e.g.,
 with @command{git am --signoff}.  This improves tracking of who did
-- 
2.38.1