Subject: Re: bug#61436: Emacs Freezing With Java Files

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 13:22:16 +0000

Hello, Bob.

On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 21:35:59 -0400, Robert Weiner wrote:
>    Hi Alan:
>    I just re-read this whole thread and realized you resolved the problem
>    for the Java defun-prompt-regexp but not the C++
>    defun-prompt-regexpÂ in Hyperbole'sÂ hui-select.el:L404 (probably were
>    just tired after all of that).
>    Today, someone else reported that the C++ regexpÂ was hanging their
>    Emacs.Â  Do you think you could pick this back up and rework the C++
>    regexpÂ as you did the Java one?Â  It would be a big help; otherwise, I
>    think we'll just have to disable that functionality in Hyperbole.
>    Best regards,
>    Bob
>    On Sun, Oct 22, 2023 at 1:18â¯PM Mats Lidell
>    <[1][email-masked]> wrote:

Yes, I'll happily finish off that C++ regexp.  I made considerable
progress with it back in October, getting smething basically working but
with some rough edges.  One problem is that the regexp was ~1600
characters long.  I don't know if this might make the program slow -
possibly not.

I've found the .el file I was working in, and located my notes from
October.  It's going to take longer than a day or two, but hopefully
less than a week or two.

[ .... ]

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).