Subject: bug#61436: Emacs Freezing With Java Files

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:59:22 +0000

Hello, Bob.

On Fri, Apr 19, 2024 at 00:40:19 -0400, Robert Weiner wrote:
> If we do need your c++ regexp, do we have a repeatable test that
> generates the hang, as I cannot generate such a problem even without
> your patch while using the prior Hyperbole c++ regexp.

I'm afraid I don't (yet) have a repeatable test case.  I have a raw
init.el file from [email-masked], but it's quite some work to
extract a test procedure from it.  This is a separate bug involving
hanging in a C++ file, but I noticed it was using hyperbole and H's value
of defun-prompt-regexp was set.

> -- Bob

> > On Apr 18, 2024, at 10:19 PM, Robert Weiner <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Hi Alan:

> > I'm starting to look at your rewrite of the c++-defun-prompt-regexp.
> > I am wondering if we need one for the equivalent java regexp or if
> > the patch you mention in your prior message is all that should be
> > needed there.

> > Regards,

> > Bob

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).