Subject: bug#6143: ispell killing still not fixed

From: Agustin Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 13:35:28 +0200

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 10:19:12AM +0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> AM> You should use (setq ispell-local-dictionary "american") in your .emacs
> Done, as you now see in
> http://jidanni.org/comp/configuration/.emacs
> However filling form fields in emacs-w3m triggers one-shot ispells still.

Has this fixed the over and over ispell process restart? If so, that one
shot ispell is the expected behavior. ispell process is started first time
spellchecking is requested.

> Isn't there a way to just have one permanent ispell that lives as long
> as the emacs session?

There is no reason to open an ispell process at emacs startup unless you
really want to do spellchecking. If what you ask is if is possible to
unconditionally start an ispell process from your .emacs to avoid it to 
be restarted later unless really needed, I have always got a single extra
restart. Will try to investigate this a bit more.

Cheers,

-- 
Agustin