Subject: bug#61400: Different filling for verbatim macros

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 14:34:39 +0900

Following up myself.

>>>>> Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> writes:
> (2) `LaTeX-verbatim-p' is currently used only in
> `fill-nobreak-predicate', `LaTeX-search-forward-comment-start' and
> `TeX-in-comment' (through `TeX-verbatim-p-function'):

Sorry, there is another instance of usage in `TeX-insert-dollar'. That
is safe for the proposed change for `LaTeX-verbatim-p', too.

> (By the way, as written in the comment of the patch, I don't understand
> the reason why the while loop in `LaTeX-verbatim-macro-boundaries' goes
> back to the previous line. Is there any \verb variant, say in fancyverb
> or fvextra, which allows newline in its argument?)

I misunderstood the role of `(forward-char -1)'. (^_^;) It passes over
the backslash. Going back to the previous line is just an unintentional
side effect, `(bobp)' in front of `(forward-char -1)' should actually be
`(bolp)'.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine