Subject: bug#61396: diff mode could distinguish changed from deleted lines

From: Samuel Wales <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 02:03:59 -0700

i'm not sure that will work with alternate presentatin f difflll.
what woul dbe good is for the internal diffing to notate not merely
additions and deleteions but also absence of addionts.  a marker that
something will be deleted. no matter where.

On 2/12/23, Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> this is a bug against emacs diff-mode.
>>
>> diff is not responsible for diff-mode colors.  diff-mode is.
>
> You can use such a heuristics that when the region with deleted lines
> borders the region with added lines this means that both regions show
> the changed lines.  So adjacent regions in the hunk = changed lines,
> disconnected regions of added or deleted lines = separate
> additions/deletions.
>

-- 
The Kafka Pandemic

A blog about science, health, human rights, and misopathy:
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com