Subject: Re: bug#61394: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Image-dired thumb name based on content

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 16:35:56 +0100

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> Thanks.  That's a slowdown by a factor close to 100, so while I think
> the feature sounds useful, it should indeed be made optional.

I'm ok with that.

>> Maybe we could have this in another option for
>> `image-dired-thumbnail-storage'?
>
> I think 'image-dired-thumbnail-storage' is already complicated enough,
> and I'd rather not complicate it further.

I don't understand here.  Do you suggest introducing another
custom/variable?  'image-dired-thumbnail-storage' has currently only 3
possible values.  I was suggesting adding one more.

>> What do you think of 'image-dired-contents?
>
> Hmm, it sounds a bit too nondescript.  How about something like
> 'image-dired-thumbnail-naming'?

Do you mean as a name for a new variable? (I was talking about a new
possible value for image-dired-thumbnail-storage)
-- 
Manuel Giraud